What is a Gorean kajira ... Kajira Prayer, Kajira Oath, Seven Pleasing Characteristics of a slave
Serve Basics ... including sample serve and sample bondsmaid serve
This is a lovely prayer but bear in mind that it is an onlineism and not of the books. In this slave's humble opinion, it doesn't negate the beauty of the poem or detract from its meaning. This is being posted in this way for clarification. Allow this humble girl the strength to answer questions she cannot fathom Allow this girl the spirit to know His needs Allow this girl the serenity to serve Him in peace Allow this girl the love to show Him herself Allow this girl the tenderness to comfort Him Allow this girl the light to show U/us the way Allow this girl the wisdom to be an asset to Him Let this girl be able to show Him each day, her love of her service to Him Let this girl open herself up to completely belong to Him Let this girl accept her punishment with the grace of a woman Let this girl learn to please Him beyond herself Grant this girl the power to give herself to Him completely Grant this girl the strength to please U/us both Permit this girl to love herself, in loving Him For it is this girl’s greatest wish, this girl’s highest power To make His life complete Slave Oath
He is Master, and I am slave.
He is Owner, and I am owned.
He commands, and I obey.
He is to be pleased, and I am to please.
Why is this?
Because He is Master, and I am slave.
Explorers of Gor
Allow this humble girl the strength to answer questions she cannot fathom
Allow this girl the spirit to know His needs
Allow this girl the serenity to serve Him in peace
Allow this girl the love to show Him herself
Allow this girl the tenderness to comfort Him
Allow this girl the light to show U/us the way
Allow this girl the wisdom to be an asset to Him
Let this girl be able to show Him each day, her love of her service to Him
Let this girl open herself up to completely belong to Him
Let this girl accept her punishment with the grace of a woman
Let this girl learn to please Him beyond herself
Grant this girl the power to give herself to Him completely
Grant this girl the strength to please U/us both
Permit this girl to love herself, in loving Him
For it is this girl’s greatest wish, this girl’s highest power
To make His life complete
As Cabot noted, there are many such litanies, or exchanges of questions and responses, or such. On the assumption that the reader might be curious as to the litany used in this particular instance, it went as follows:
Q: What is that on your neck?
A: A collar.
Q: What sort of collar?
A: A slave collar.
Q: Why is it on you?
A: It is on me because I am a slave.
Q: And what are the duties of such a property?
A: To please her master, in all ways, to the best of her ability.
Q: Whose collar do you wear?
A: I wear your collar, Master.
Q: And what does that mean?
A: That I am your slave, Master.
Q: What, then, are your duties?
A: To please you, in all ways, to the best of my ability
Q: Do you beg to be permitted to do this?
A: I do so beg, Master.
Q: And are you aware of the penalties for failing to be found fully pleasing, in all ways, to the best of your ability?
A: Yes, Master.
Q: And are you afraid?
A: Yes, Master. Kur of Gor
1. Honesty. Without honesty, there can be no trust. Without trust there is nothing. On a safety note, be truthful in your desires, experience, fears and limits. Many have seen slaves tell "little" lies thinking it will make them more desirable. It usually ends up getting them hurt. If you have questions about what your Master desires or expects, be honest and speak up. There is nothing wrong with asking questions respectfully, and is much preferable to looking ignorant. Remember, all Masters are different. Ask what he expects you to wear, how he expects you to act, what he prefers to be called, etc.
2. Submissiveness. Free Persons want slaves to surrender. Slaves are expected to be polite, compliant, and to show respect the Free have earned. There is nothing that turns a Master faster than a slave trying to top from the bottom, or manipulate the Master. A polite, respectful "Master, if it pleases you, a slave beg....." is going to make that happen much sooner than intentional misbehavior.
3. Intelligence. Make intelligent choices in all you do for your Master as in these decisions you reflect your Owner, regardless of a City or Personal slave. Be knowledgeable in the things you say, you can do not just say them to be pleasing, be sure you can do it for it is a slaves mind that the Owner possess, so learn all you can about all you can to please him in many different ways of your submission to that Master. Think, and share those thoughts with your Master, as he may like your new suggestion. Take time to find out what he is interested in, and get to know more on what it is He likes.
4. Service. Find out what makes your Master happy, and do your best to provide. It is your job to make him happy. If you will be serving him food, find out what he likes to eat or drink, and how he likes it served. If it is your responsibility to set things up for the scene, find out what he requires, and have everything handy. Don't be sloppy in your service, and don't make your Master have to tell you a preference more than once. If a Free has to tell a slave two times that He or She likes coffee with cream and sugar, it gives the impression that she is not thinking, or just doesn't care. This is not at all pleasing. Put some thought and creativity into your service. Listen when he tells you He talks, and try to fulfill his desires. Be observant.
5. Communication. Contrary to what some believe Masters are not psychics. It is frustrating to have to try and figure out everything that pushes a slave's buttons. Owners tire easily with slaves that constantly say, "Whatever pleases you, Master". If it is something a slave has no interest in, chances are the Free is not going to be pleased either, as the slave will not give 100%.
6. Self Respect. Value yourself. There is no thrill inowning a doormat, or someone that thinks so little of themselves they will submit to anyone at anytime.
7. Patience. Patience is the mark of a good slave. Patience in learning things about her Master, Patience about learning things about her sisters if she is lucky enough to have one in her Master's family, Patience to know when it is right to approach your Master. Patience in serving your Master, even when you are there kneeling and He seems to be a thousand miles away in thought.
8. Jealousy this one thing has ruined more Masters homes and has gotten more slaves sold, beaten or just plain killed because of it. No matter how many are in the home of the Master the slave has not right to be jealous, but if you need to have it keep it to your self or tell the Master openly of it and tell him your trying to stop it or at least put a hold or grip on it, you will see he will understand and try to help the change come about for you.